As the theme song to the classic TV sitcom Step By Step always told us, “We’ll make it better, the second time around.” Not that the first time was bad (I thought it went off without a hitch, especially for a couple of newbies), but better can always be bested here on the Bert Betterman Bettercast! Unfortunately the same can’t be said for TV theme songs…they just don’t make ’em like they used to.
In this episode we again welcome holistic health coach Diana Steven to talk about her practice, various thoughts on life, and a few big changes in hers. In case you missed the first episode, please do catch up by clicking the following words that turn into a magic link to the past. And if you’d like to check out Diana’s website, click on those previous magic link words. And in case you forgot what she looks like, here’s a reminder:
In part one of the interview (pre-phone battery failure) we get into:
- 0:00 – Intro and welcome back Diana
- 1:25 – A life change for Diana…after a dramatic pause
- 6:10 – Looking to do more writing (and I get Diana’s website wrong)
- 8:20 – Life doesn’t happen to us, it happens for us…and the Law of Attraction
- 12:58 – How the Law of Attraction doesn’t work
- 15:45 – Being open to (the right) opportunities
- 21:40 – Only say “yes” to the things you really want…or no?
- 24:10 – Turning a negative into a positive
- 25:20 – Prioritizing life and goals
- 32:00 – Impacts of personality type in coaching and lifestyle change
- 36:15 – Myers-Briggs: Judgers vs Perceivers (referencing a previous post here)
And then in part two (post-phone battery failure) we finish off with:
- 0:00 – Picking up where we left off on books read recently…
- 1:45 – Is Tony Robbins for real? Yes! Or no. It depends.
- 5:00 – Just because it works for them…or doesn’t…it may or may not for you too
- 7:50 – How to find balance and not take yourself too seriously (and maintain a sense of humor)
- 13:40 – The learning curve of a lifestyle change and learning how to get back to living life