Times are exciting here at Bert Betterman as I’m proud to present to you a new endeavor, the first Bert Betterman Podcast! The Bettercast? Well, it’s a project anyway, but I’m finding my way one step at a time. If it goes well and there is a lot of positive feedback, it’s something I will look into doing more frequently, so please do leave a comment on the bottom of the post as to what you think and whether or not you’d like to see (or hear) more of these.
I was fortunate enough to have an intriguing discussion this past week with holistic health coach Diana Steven on a myriad of different topics. Diana is one of the warmest, most passionate individuals I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting, and it would be a shame not to share her thoughts with the world, so that’s exactly what we’re going to do! If you’d like to know more than this podcast can give you, check out her site at Intuitive Health with Diana. She’s doing great things for great people, and I’m proud to shamelessly promote her and her efforts.
A little bit about Diana in her own words:
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in May of 2016 and launched my holistic health coaching business full-time. I’m continually growing as a coach, building and expanding my business, and loving every minute of this journey! Shifting my paradigm has made me more self-aware and intuitive. Following the “bread crumbs,” also known as the synchronicities of life, has led me to where I am today. I look forward to sharing my experience and expertise with others because everyone deserves health, wealth, love, and happiness.
Within the interview we get into:
- 0:00 – What is a holistic health coach? Exploring the entire being: mind, body, and soul. Creating lifestyle plans. Goals and accountabilities.
- 1:42 – Diana’s path to this career. Grandma passing of Alzheimer’s in 2010 and feeling there is a better way to health than managing and battling diseases. Got into health going “back to the basics.” Stumbled upon the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and eventually enrolled. The idea that a true career picks you.
- 9:50 – More about the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and her formal education in health and wellness. The “movement” of health and wellness.
- 13:00 – Bio Individuality (we’re all different). Family heritage, blood type, genetics, etc. We all do best with our own diets, and sometimes that even changes throughout our own lifetime. What works for others may not work for you. How to stay confident, on track, and find answers within yourself.
- 20:10 – Meditation. A tool for awareness and introspection. Works based on the concept of “rising tide floats all boats.” What it really is (and isn’t). Starting with the Headspace app. Works best as a repetitive practice.
- 28:57 – What to expect as a client. Complimentary health history session. Creating a plan and goals. Twelve 50-minute sessions over six months. Can work online, Skype, phone, etc., or also in person.
- 32:30 – The Lightning Round. Meditation, cold thermogenesis, sunlight, puppies, everything in moderation(?),” and most helpful book ever read.
If you want to listen to the full interview, put on your headphones and click “play” below! I had originally intended to make this interview just a text transcript, but since it went well, and the audio sounded good, I decided to actually post it as a podcast. I only mention this because there isn’t much in terms of a formal intro in the beginning or sign-off at the end, but listeners can still get the “meat” of the content anyway…or tofu, if that’s more your style.